Many people nowadays are more conscious about their looks and u undergoing wide varieties of cosmetic treatments, so many people want their teeth to he whiter and brighter so undergoing treatments at teeth whitening singapore dentist.
Teeth may have been discoloured due to many reasons like
- Drinking tea and coffee regularly.
- People who smoke may have discovered teeth along with mouth also.
- Drinking water with high fluorine content.
- Certain medications cause staining of teeth.
- Age factor, as age increases the enamel wears off showing up dentin which is a bit yellow coloured.
- Any injury to the teeth may lead to discolouration of teeth due to the health of the pulp inside.
Working model of Whitening teeth :
Firstly, the dentist will take photographs of the patient’s teeth before so that after treatment he can compare pre and post-treatment photos for the difference.
After that, the tooth to be whitened is cleaned properly to remove any food residue and film over the teeth.
They will cover the area of gums so that if any material used for whitening comes into contact with gums then inflammation of gums may start.
After that process of whitening is started using some substances and it almost takes around half an hour to one hour to complete the entire procedure.
The substances used to lighten the teeth should be activated by using laser lights.
Even this treatment can be done in the home by the patient himself, the doctor will give the patient customised trays in which whitening gel should be kept and they should be kept in the mouth.
Teeth may be sensitive after bleaching treatment.
Gums may be irritated for a few.
Whitening of teeth is contraindicated in people who are pregnant because in this procedure laser is used which is not suitable for pregnant ladies.